Juris Prudence for AZ, CA

Just starting out as a traveler? Traveling questions or experiences to share? Here's the place.
a_fals

Juris Prudence for AZ, CA

Unread post by a_fals » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:45 am

Hey James & everyone else !
I am submitted for my AZ and CA licensure, just need to take the JP exams. Looking for insight into the difficulty level of these exams.... I had to take TX but that was via my own computer at home, with the practice act at the ready. This is at a Prometric testing center so it feels more intense ! Any insight and guidance to how long to study for would be helpful! Thanks!

Hobohealth
Site Admin

Re: Juris Prudence for AZ, CA

Unread post by Hobohealth » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:24 pm

Here's the little feedback I got about AZ on the Facebook page: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 3095010577

Also, a bunch of years back, I have a close friend, super-smart, who failed the CA test and had to retake. I think he just tried to wing it the first time but did fine once he actually studied.... I think the message is study the practice acts. Pay attention to things like how many PTAs you can supervise, how students are allowed to practice under you, and what manipulation and direct access rules are like (or anything else that can vary greatly by state).

Good luck!

James

a_fals

Re: Juris Prudence for AZ, CA

Unread post by a_fals » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:49 pm

Thank you! I have read through the practice acts (for both, but focusing on AZ now). Given I haven't had to
Take a JP exam in a testing center before it's a little unnerving. I appreciate the help!