Travel therapy companies / travel PT recruiters

Just starting out as a traveler? Traveling questions or experiences to share? Here's the place.
Hobohealth
Site Admin

Re: Travel therapy companies

Unread post by Hobohealth » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:45 pm

No problem guys, see you out on the open road soon!

James

roane_dpt

Unread post by roane_dpt » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:50 am

Any chance you guys could email me a list of reputable travel agencies? I could really use the help. Thanks so much!

Here is my email: [email protected]

Thanks so much for all the help!

Stephanie

jms4k4

Unread post by jms4k4 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:41 pm

Hi James,
I really appreciate your website, it's been so helpful! Could you also send me a list of recruiters you like to work with. My email is [email protected]
Thanks so much!!

Jen

Ldunnick

Unread post by Ldunnick » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:48 pm

Hi everyone!

I have been doing local contract work in the DC area for about 6 months and am looking to start doing some real travel jobs around the states. I am looking to start in Florida in early 2016, but unsure what companies are best to work with in this region. I've loved the company I work with in DC but it's a small local company with limited jobs in other states. Any recommendations would be a huge help! Feel free to email: [email protected]

Thanks!

AJpta88

Unread post by AJpta88 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:32 am

Hi everyone,
I am a new grad and have been working for 4 months. I am really interested in getting into traveling. I was hoping that some of you could point me in the direction of the best recruiting agencies to work with?
Email is [email protected]

Thanks!

Merby16

Unread post by Merby16 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:25 pm

Hi James,

I am also new to traveling therapy and looking into traveling companies. Can you email me your list at [email protected].

Thank you in advance!!

rdt123

Unread post by rdt123 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:15 am

James
I appreciate your unbiased info on this site. I have wanted to be a traveling OT since school and after 10 yrs I am ready to make the jump. However I am overwhelmed when trying to chose the companies to work with. If you could please email me a list of companies you find reputable. My email address: [email protected]
Thank you

alexis.anderson

Unread post by alexis.anderson » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:48 pm

Hi there! My fiancé and I will be graduating in May 2016 and taking our boards in late July. We are hoping to start traveling in August. We have researched a lot and realize that it is not always recommended to start traveling as a new grad, but we’ve decided that we will work hard to stay up on most recent research and best practice by attending conferences and weekend courses. We’ve considered many options, but are worried that if we wait, we will never travel. We attended CSM in Indianapolis this year and spoke to most of the traveling companies there. We were attracted to the smaller companies because they gave us more time to ask questions, etc. We felt more comfortable with the smaller companies, but don’t want limited options to hinder our placements, especially since there are two of us who will be traveling together. We are planning to attend CSM again in February for more networking opportunities with recruiters. We were hoping you could give us some advice on companies you recommend traveling with. My email is [email protected]. Thank you so much

Hobohealth
Site Admin

Unread post by Hobohealth » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:35 am

Alexis,

I hear you loud and clear, sometimes you have to seize the timing and just get out traveling. You've got your mind in the right place to keep up on continuing ed and seek further education, because traveling can be a little solitary in those areas - so keep that frame of mind! Also, be active in seeking assignments that have other therapists around so you have people to bounce questions and thoughts of off.

As far as big company versus little company, that doesn't necessarily translate into more options versus less options. Sometimes a smaller company means a more personal approach and greater ability for them to call around a region for you, actually resulting in more options for you. This is by no means absolute, but I personally have had better experiences with the smaller and medium size companies rather than the huge companies that everyone knows the names of.... just my 10 cents.

I'll get on email with you to let you know my recruiters, and I'll be at CSM too, so let's grab lunch, or a beer, or just track each other down in the exhibit hall!

Good luck!

James

aporte6

Unread post by aporte6 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:30 pm

Hi James,

Like several others here, I am a new grad looking to begin my travel PT journey. I've been speaking with two recruiters, one smaller company and one larger. I will graduate in April '16 and hopefully get started with a job by May and at the latest, early June. This site has been very helpful because I found myself scatter brained trying to figure out the ends and outs. I would love your opinion on companies that you have worked with or recommend! I will also be attending CSM in Cali, so if you're available for a quick chat, it would be great to meet up.

My email is [email protected].

Thanks!
Amy

tweetytina3

Unread post by tweetytina3 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:11 pm

Not sure where to put this so I'll ask here... I've been working with my recruiter for the past year; she is very nice, she's helped a lot, and definitely has my best interest at heart. So I was considering getting a small token of appreciation. Is that appropriate? Have you or anyone given their recruiter a gift? If so, what is appropriate to give?

Hobohealth
Site Admin

Unread post by Hobohealth » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:09 pm

I think sending her something sounds really nice! Maybe something meaningful from your last destination? I've sent small things before, so I wouldn't be shy about it!

James

Rausch12

Travel companies

Unread post by Rausch12 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:00 pm

I'm a PTA with 13 years of experience and I'm entertaining the idea of traveling. I'd like your suggestions on travel companies. Could you email them to me? I've been eyeballing Host Healthcare. Do you know anything about them?

Hobohealth
Site Admin

Re: Travel companies

Unread post by Hobohealth » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:24 pm

I haven't ever heard of Host Healthcare.... maybe a good thing, I tend to like smaller companies.

I'll shoot you an email with my recruiters, I try not to advocate for or against any one agency on the site to keep it impartial.

James

nmchavis

Unread post by nmchavis » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:24 am

Hello everyone! I am in the same boat as a lot of people. Lots of companies, hard to find useful unbiased info, overwhelmed a little, etc. My gf, I, and one of our classmates/roommates are all new grads and are looking to start traveling PT. I want to know how realistic it is for all three of us to get assignments in the same general area (half an hr to 45 mins radius) so that we can all live together and try to save a little more. I also would appreciate any information/advice about the travel companies/or about travel physical therapy in general.Thanks!

[email protected]