Travel therapy companies / travel PT recruiters

Just starting out as a traveler? Traveling questions or experiences to share? Here's the place.
TravelOTAPTA

Re: Travel therapy companies

Unread post by TravelOTAPTA » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:27 pm

I am looking to get in to the travel therapy business.. I am a COTA and a PTA currently licensed in Florida. A list of reputable travel companies will be much appreciated.

[email protected]

Thanks

Hobohealth
Site Admin

Unread post by Hobohealth » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:44 pm

Sorry all! I've been moving this week, I'll get an email with my recruiters out to each of you really soon!

Kpa5025

Unread post by Kpa5025 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:54 am

Hi!

I'd love to be included in the email about great companies, I'm getting really overwhelmed with all the options!

Kate

Kpa5025

Unread post by Kpa5025 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:55 am

My email is [email protected]

Thank you!!!! :)

Hobohealth
Site Admin

Unread post by Hobohealth » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:13 am

You're right, there are soooo many options. I once asked a JCO auditor how many staffing agencies they accredit - she told me "over 300"! ...and that was probably at least 5 years ago. I imagine there are more agencies now.

There are a ton of agencies - if your agency doesn't treat you as well as you'd like, doesn't give you enough personal attention, and doesn't pay competitively compared to other agencies, DITCH 'EM! ...there are plenty of other agencies who would be glad to help you out.

OK, off my soap box. I'll hop on and email you the recruiters I use.

syoung1700

Unread post by syoung1700 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:09 am

Hey James,
Thanks for this great resource and being such a help for aspiring travel therapists. I would love a list of your recruiters and companies you have had good experience with, if possible. Thanks so much.

Sam
[email protected]

ashleyj07

Unread post by ashleyj07 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:04 pm

Hello!

I sent you an email but I wanted to post here as well, in case the email went to your spam folder. I would love your list of recruiter names. [email protected] Thanks so much for creating this board. I've gained so much knowledge.

Safe travels,
Ashley

Hobohealth
Site Admin

Unread post by Hobohealth » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:26 pm

Ashley, I just replied to your email. Happy to help, and I'm so glad HoboHealth has been helpful!

marbing

Unread post by marbing » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:23 am

Hi James,

Thank you for maintaining this great resource. I'm a foreign-trained PT, currently licensed in NY but applying for a TX one. What travel agencies do you recommend? Also, do you know the current status of compact license? The reason I want to get a TX license and start my traveling experience there is also to take advantage of the upcoming compact legislature.
Thank you so much.

Marvin
[email protected]

saintbellatrix

Unread post by saintbellatrix » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:43 pm

Hi James!
I hope I'm not too late to the party, but I'm a soon to be graduated PTA and would love to get a list of travel companies you work with. I have a couple I have been in contact with but would like to have some insight from someone who has experience! Thank you so much in advance.

Tonya

[email protected]

Clkumon

Unread post by Clkumon » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:38 am

Hi James, I am currently finishing my first travel position and have really enjoyed this assignment alot. I currently have only 1 recruiter, and feel I limited myself when I chose my 2nd travel position with the same recruiter. After reading your posts, I am hoping you can help me in terms of other recruiters you would recommend as well as salary expectations. How much room do we have to negotiate with our recruiters? (Not my strongest quality) . Looking forward to hearing from you!
Cindy
[email protected]

Hobohealth
Site Admin

Unread post by Hobohealth » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:25 pm

Hey Cindy, sorry for the delay in replying - I'll shoot you the list of my recruiters on your email.

As far as typical travel PT pay, I think you'll find your answer here: http://hobohealth.com/wordpress/contrac ... -you-paid/ (make sure to read the comments)

I'm not a very astute negotiator either. But I would typically try to squeeze another dollar or two an hour into my contract - "Is there anywhere we can add a couple bucks per hour? I'd really like to make more than that." When it worked, it worked. When it didn't work, I was usually still pretty happy with my pay.

Good luck!

clePT13

Unread post by clePT13 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:38 pm

Hi James,

Do you have any companies that you'd recommend for travel in Washington state, near Tacoma?

My email is [email protected].

Thanks!

dolojo

Unread post by dolojo » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:42 am

Hi!
I just got introduced to your website and I'm excited to continue exploring it as I am an SPT looking into travel. I would love your recommended recruiter list since I'm researching various ones now.
[email protected]
Thanks!

laven018

Unread post by laven018 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:10 pm

Hello! I am a new PTA graduate looking to travel for her first job! I found one local company that doesn't require the typical 6 months-1 year experience for traveling. I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for other companies that don't require experience.

Thank you in advance.
[email protected]