Physical Therapy "Cheesiness" Discussion

Just starting out as a traveler? Traveling questions or experiences to share? Here's the place.
egosselin7

Physical Therapy "Cheesiness" Discussion

Unread post by egosselin7 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:19 pm

I thought I would start a fun discussion on therapy cheesiness which I think all good therapists inherently do with their patients. It is a way that we make things a little more fun and entertaining. This probably doesn't have any research to back it up but it does have impact on our patient's view of their treatment. Patients who enjoy their treatments are more likley to attend and let us help them. Some examples of my natural cheesiness are:

1) When removing tape or other adherents I say something like “Free waxing every time!”

2) When turning up TENS on a patient who has had it before I joke “Holler when you hair stands!”

What I would love to know is other "cheesy" lines that you all use? I have many more but am curious to know what others use? Please post your "cheesy" or funny way to keep things fun in therapy!

-Eric

Jimebob

Re: Physical Therapy "Cheesiness" Discussion

Unread post by Jimebob » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:39 pm

"The show's for free folks, but the therapy will cost ya!"

"Let's get you up on the balance thingy and do the side-to-side.... don't let my medical jargon confuse you."
James R Spencer, PT, DPT, OCS, CSCS
Current location: Kona, HI

Jimebob

Unread post by Jimebob » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:44 pm

Eric, dude, I need some more PT cheese.

SPREAD IT ON!!!
James R Spencer, PT, DPT, OCS, CSCS
Current location: Kona, HI

egosselin7

Unread post by egosselin7 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:24 pm

Some aquatic cheesiness:

''Come on in the waters warm! Everyone's been sweating in it!!.... J/K we keep it at 88-92 degrees. Not sure about the sweat part :-)''