Two PT Travelers

Just starting out as a traveler? Traveling questions or experiences to share? Here's the place.
RoguePT

Two PT Travelers

Unread post by RoguePT » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:44 pm

Hello All:

My girlfriend and I have been working for about 16 months in the SNF setting. We are now looking to become traveling PTs and begin our first assignment. We have state licenses in Oregon, Montana, and Texas. We have been working with one recruiter (Cariant health) and seem to be not finding a lot of positions in close proximity for two PTs. Does anyone have any good job leads in these states for two PTs? We are also open to obtaining another state license if a good job opportunity is available. Thank you for your help.

Hobohealth
Site Admin

Re: Two PT Travelers

Unread post by Hobohealth » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:19 pm

If you've had trouble with spam the last few days, I'm SOOOO sorry. I should have it under control here in the next couple days.

Anyhow, if I were you, I would look with several recruiters at once. My wife and I routinely look with about 3 recruiters and consistently find jobs in many different states. Early on in our travel careers, we found that when you start to look with more than 3 or 4 recruiters, you start to run into trouble with people finding the same jobs and it's just a lot to juggle.... but it's definitely routine for travelers to look with multiple companies at once.

If you'd like to email me, I can send you the names and numbers of recruiters that I use and like! I'd rather not post them here, because I pride our site on not being affiliated with any specific recruiters!

James
[email protected]