Starting out traveling.

Just starting out as a traveler? Traveling questions or experiences to share? Here's the place.
i_reid

Starting out traveling.

Unread post by i_reid » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:08 am

Good morning, all. I've been released from industrial medicine at the end of December, and am considering travel assignments. Now I've read some of the blogs and noted that having more than one staffing agency may be the norm. My question is: How do I switch back and forth between agencies with pay, insurance, 401(k), etc? is just having one agency enough to provide a reasonable living? Thanks in advance.

Hobohealth
Site Admin

Re: Starting out traveling.

Unread post by Hobohealth » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:02 am

Thanks for the question, and you raise a good point!

I do know therapists that stick with on agency, and you're right in thinking that this makes their lives much simpler as far as 401k, health insurance, etc. A lot of agencies will incentivize you to stick with them for multiple assignments by offering 401K matching, special prizes, and paid time off that all increase as you work for them longer and longer.

The one down side that I see to sticking with one agency is having an adequate variety of jobs to choose from.

So staying with one company can be done, I know people that do it, and if that agency has the jobs you want, it's easier -- it just has never been that clean for for me.

-James