Ski Town Assignments...

Just starting out as a traveler? Traveling questions or experiences to share? Here's the place.
roxyrs21

Ski Town Assignments...

Unread post by roxyrs21 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:56 pm

Any suggestions on companies who are good at finding assignments in or around ski towns during the winter? Or how do you go about finding seasonal therapy work (OT) in/near ski towns? Looking around Colorado, Salt Lake City area, Jackson, WY, Lake Tahoe, CA. Thanks!

Hobohealth
Site Admin

Re: Ski Town Assignments...

Unread post by Hobohealth » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:53 pm

So sorry for the slow reply... been in transit the last 2 weeks and just started work today in Aspen!

The ski towns I know of mostly hire on direct contracts. Start calling the local hospital rehab departments and ask if they are looking for help. This is how I'm in Aspen for my 9th year and how other friends have found assignments in Vail and Steamboat. So, maybe start there and see what kind of success you have, you may be a little late to the party for this winter. I know we're fully staffed here in Aspen.

I don't know what kind of need there is in Salt Lake City, but it's a city with a lot of world class skiing near by, might be another market to look at through recruiters, or via cold-calling - I'm not sure.

Good luck and let me know how it turns out!

Hobohealth
Site Admin

Unread post by Hobohealth » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:48 pm

So... any luck?

Hobohealth
Site Admin

Unread post by Hobohealth » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:07 pm

---
Replying to question:

"I feel like Salt Lake City area must be the center of this type of work. Do you know anyone who has gotten a job in that area?"
----

I don't know much about the job availability around Salt Lake City.

I work in Aspen, but know people who have found seasonal work in Vail and Steamboat. Durango, CO trends to have a pretty steady supply of jobs and isn't far from skiing too.

Hope that helps.