New grad considering travel job

Just starting out as a traveler? Traveling questions or experiences to share? Here's the place.
Mlk767s

New grad considering travel job

Unread post by Mlk767s » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:32 pm

I just graduated in May and am very interested in a travel job. I've done some research but am getting overwhelmed with different companies and all that. I was reading some other entries and was getting confused. When you suggest working with 2-3 recruiters do you mean different companies? Or different people within one company? Working for 2-3 different companies sounds daunting. If you could email me some good companies to work for that would be so helpful. I'm not sure if this matters but I would prefer not to work in the south as I don't like the hot weather!! Any information would be most helpful. I've been doing so much research and I don't feel like I've made much progress. Thanks
Email is [email protected]

Hobohealth
Site Admin

Re: New grad considering travel job

Unread post by Hobohealth » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:01 pm

2-3 different agencies is what I mean to recommend. When you work with an agency, you'll either just have one recruiter assigned to you, or they may have you work with different recruiters based on state or region.

But do whatever feels manageable to you. I think working with 2 to 3 is best for some variety in job opportunities, but if it is more manageable at first, just start with one company. I recommend taking the housing stipend and finding your own housing to save some cash, but on my first assignment I had the agency supply housing because it was easier. You could even take a local contract like I did on my first assignment just to get some experience. Sometimes doing the simple things help you get out there and get your feet wet.

Most companies staff nationally, so I wouldn't worry about the location of the agency to start. But, if you later find an area difficult to find work in, you might try using an agency more local to that area.

Also, here's some unsolicited advice. Two blogs on new grads traveling:
http://hobohealth.com/wordpress/new-gra ... d-dilemma/
http://hobohealth.com/wordpress/uncateg ... travel-pt/

Good luck! I'll shoot you an email about my recruiters.

James