MY FIRST CONTRACT ...sort of... I have lots of ?????

Just starting out as a traveler? Traveling questions or experiences to share? Here's the place.
suetake5

MY FIRST CONTRACT ...sort of... I have lots of ?????

Unread post by suetake5 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:31 pm

I had all my ducks in a row, considered several positions none seemed right and timing very wrong in some
THEN... a cold call from a recruiter I never heard of came in ...with a 6 month position in CA Schools. I had a Facetime interview w the team and we hit it off they expect me the end of November here are my ?????

1: I don't want to give notice till I have a contract signed
No contract sent to me yet when should I expect it?

2: I am asking this because the recruiter is slow to respond and tells me he has called when he hasn't .... I am leaving New England and going to CA I want to know he has my back

3: This agency is in Calabasas CA and started as exec but now work almost exclusively with RN's Is this a Bad Choice? Should I be sticking with therapy agencies

4: Rate looks good, on target w your posts, an extra 1500 for moving although he is calling it CEUS????? I asked for no benefits as I have them set up ???? Is this why I got a better pay

In short the housing person helpful... I just don't have a good feeling about this recruiter.... And I want to give my notice by next week So I can read the contract word for word as you suggest

Any ideas????

Hobohealth
Site Admin

Re: MY FIRST CONTRACT ...sort of... I have lots of ?????

Unread post by Hobohealth » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:17 pm

I so badly want to trust your recruiter and say, "Don't worry about it!"

But giving your notice and quitting your job is a really big deal... I would call your recruiter relentlessly to get a contract signed before you give notice. If you're on board and the school is on board, the contract should be easy for the recruiter to get to you immediately.

Now for a little dissertation about your recruiter: The fact that the agency hasn't traditionally done rehab doesn't bother me. It sounds like they have found you the right job at the right time - likely this job is going to work out well. I think finding you the job you want is one of the most important roles for a recruiter, BUT if they aren't as responsive as you need them to be, you should explore your options on your next contract. Ideally, your recruiter should be a partner and should basically be doing the things that it sounds like you expect of them.

So, in summary...
bug this recruiter daily to get you your contract, voice your concerns to them (that you need your contract so you can give notice at your current job and that this life change is a big deal to you). I think the contract is most likely going to go well for you, but when it comes time to search for the next assignment, open up your options and get another agency looking into assignments for you - there's too many agencies out there to be loyal to one that's not treating you as well as you'd like.

Hobohealth
Site Admin

Re: MY FIRST CONTRACT ...sort of... I have lots of ?????

Unread post by Hobohealth » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:56 am

Curious how this has turned out Sue???