Travel therapy companies / travel PT recruiters

Just starting out as a traveler? Traveling questions or experiences to share? Here's the place.
cardinals4505

Re: Travel companies

Unread post by cardinals4505 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:43 am

James,
Can I also get your preferred list of traveling OT jobs? I am looking for a good traveling company to start my career with!

My email is [email protected]

cdyson

Re: Travel therapy companies

Unread post by cdyson » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:13 pm

Hi,

Thank you for creating this site, it has been very helpful in learning more about travel PT. I am an SPT expecting to graduate in Aug 2017. I am pretty certain I want to do travel therapy, but have heard many PTs say it would be good to get a couple years of experience at a hospital before making the plunge into travel PT. What are your thoughts? Also, would you send me the list of travel companies you would recommend? My email is [email protected].

Thank you!

Hobohealth
Site Admin

Unread post by Hobohealth » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:28 am

Chelsea, I'll shoot you an email with my recruiters' info. I'm in the camp that says get a little experience before you travel (even if just a few months). I think a lot of people are able to travel successfully as new grads, but I believe it is a less-than-optimal start from a professional and quality of practice standpoint and believe that even with a few months of experience, you are more likely to get better jobs while traveling... just my 10 cents.

Here's a blog I wrote a while back about travel PT as a new grad: http://hobohealth.com/wordpress/new-gra ... d-dilemma/

alexlauren12189

Unread post by alexlauren12189 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:16 am

HI!

I just found this website and it's my first time posting. I am a recent PTA grad and I am very interested in traveling. Could you email me with company recommendations. Thanks! :D My email address is [email protected]

Bwixtwix

Unread post by Bwixtwix » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:08 pm

Hello!

I am a PT from NYC looking to move to Hawaii in Feb 2017 with my wife. She is not a PT however can work freelance. I was hoping to get some information on some companies you recommend. I would also consider Southern California as well however heart is set on Hawaii. I sent in my application forms and payments last week and will wait to hear back from Hawaii RE: the license. I graduated with my DPT 3.5 years ago and have been working in the outpatient private practice setting since. Is it challenging to get into Hawaii without having the inpatient experience?

Thanks and looking forward to any information you have that can help. Please email me at [email protected]

-Brett

Jen19580

Unread post by Jen19580 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:37 pm

I am a COTA and very interested in traveling. Would you be kind enough to email me a list of the companies that you recommended? I would appreciate it very much.

My email is [email protected]

ck215307

Unread post by ck215307 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:33 pm

Hi!

I am a new grad and looking investigating PTA travel companies. Would you possibly be able to send me some you recommend as well? I would greatly appreciate any help I can get!

Thank You! My email is [email protected]

Hobohealth
Site Admin

Unread post by Hobohealth » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:05 am

Wow, sorry guys. I got behind there for a while, but have now replied to you all. Hope everyone is getting out there on the open road!

travel99

Unread post by travel99 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:33 pm

Hello,

I would appreciate if someone would send me a list of reputable traveling companies to work for. Most of the websites are very similar. So looking for word of mouth experiences. Thank you, J

agmitch1

Unread post by agmitch1 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:55 pm

I am new to travel but I have been really happy with my recruiter Jenny Villatoro at Med Travelers.

Vagabonds

Unread post by Vagabonds » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:18 pm

My fiancé and I would like to start traveling within the next few months and would love some companies you would recommend as well as any you would stay away from. Thanks!!! [email protected]

adampalj

Unread post by adampalj » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:15 am

Hi James,

I love the site! I definitely got the travel bug after a ten week clinical rotation in Alaska. My fiancee and I are looking to travel at the end of the year after graduation. I was hoping you would be able to email me a list of your preferred recruiters.

[email protected]

Thanks,

Adam

SusanBurke

Unread post by SusanBurke » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:10 pm

Hi Jim,
I am interested in traveling PT. I have never done this and have been at my current job for 21 years. Can you send me a list of agencies or recruiters to talk to.
Thank you
Susan Burke PT, MS, DPT

SusanBurke

Unread post by SusanBurke » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:14 pm

Jim , I sent a preclude post regarding a list of good companies for traveling PT positions.
I have been at my job 21 years , considering this soon. Also are there certain states that are harder to get the new license for practicing in that state. I am currently in Florida.
Thank you.
Susan Burke PT, MS, DPt
[email protected]

Daniel_ricciardo

Unread post by Daniel_ricciardo » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:22 pm

Last edited by Daniel_ricciardo on Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.