International Traveling Positions

Just starting out as a traveler? Traveling questions or experiences to share? Here's the place.
dgrill

International Traveling Positions

Unread post by dgrill » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:37 pm

Does anyone have experience with traveling jobs to Dubai?

Hobohealth
Site Admin

Re: International Traveling Positions

Unread post by Hobohealth » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:30 pm

I have a close friend that almost ended up there working as a PT on a perm-basis. I'll see if I can get her to hop on and write something to you.

James

Shortstack

Unread post by Shortstack » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:27 pm

Hi dgrill,
Most positions in UAE are 2-3 year commitments. I would look into positions associated with hospitals first. There are a few that have pretty high standards, comparable to US JCAHO. Let me know what other questions you may have!
Amy.

dgrill

Unread post by dgrill » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:37 pm

Thank you for the replies. I was planning to check with hospitals first. I don't know if I would be willing to go for more than one year though, but that would depend on the job.
Dean

Abeigel531

Unread post by Abeigel531 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:28 pm

Hi I am a new grad, and am interested in traveling internationally. Does any one have any information on how to get started with this, or if this is even an option? Thanx

Hobohealth
Site Admin

Unread post by Hobohealth » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:40 am

Hello!

I wanted to post a link directly to Amy's blog about international PT. She wrote it last year and it is the most complete resource I know of for international travel PT.

http://hobohealth.com/wordpress/real-traveler-amy/

Also, she shared with me recently that she believes most places will require 3+ years experience, and most non-English speaking areas will require fluency in the native language, I know this is true in Italy and France.

I personally did some research on Europe and decided to settle for saving up for a long vacation there rather than trying to set up a travel assignment. Amy told me jobs were pretty hard to come by in the English speaking European countries... there's a lot of cost associated with credentialing too.

Don't be discouraged, that still leaves a lot of globe to explore! :-)