Do Travel Placement Companies Require a Long Term Contract

Just starting out as a traveler? Traveling questions or experiences to share? Here's the place.
Jonson

Do Travel Placement Companies Require a Long Term Contract

Unread post by Jonson » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:14 pm

I've seen a lot of recommendations in regards to working with several recruiters at a time to broaden your options, but I can't imagine you have to sign a year long contract because that would tie you in to one company.

Do any companies require you to sign a year long (or any length for that matter) contract to work with them or is that negotiable?

If so, does it have an affect on the benefits/perks you get in return?

Thanks for your input.

Jonson

Hobohealth
Site Admin

Re: Do Travel Placement Companies Require a Long Term Contra

Unread post by Hobohealth » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:01 pm

Jonson,

Nope! Contracts typically come on at a time. Generally 13 weeks, but this can vary depending on the specific job or need. If a setting is new to you (I've experienced this in home health), you may find the job asking for a 6 month contract to allow some additional time for training/orientation.

After your 13 week contract has ended, you are free to travel with whomever for the next gig. Although, many companies do offer benefits that will kick in or increase with consecutive assignments: 401K, continuing ed reimbursement, PTO, etc. I do know some travelers that have stuck with one company for years and love the perks that come with doing that.

James

Hobohealth
Site Admin

Re: Do Travel Placement Companies Require a Long Term Contra

Unread post by Hobohealth » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:05 pm

A link to the forum post on benefits that may be of interest to you:
http://www.hobohealth.com/phpBB3/viewto ... ?f=3&t=941